Built in 1870, McCrossin’s Mill is a lovingly restored three storey flour mill which now houses a multi-award winning Museum, Gallery and Function Centre.
Many locals once believed the “Old Mill” to be haunted. Now it is hauntingly beautiful and a key local treasure.
McCrossin’s Mill Museum is renowned for its empathetic, humorous and even bizarre exhibitions. Its collection of Chinese artefacts from the Rocky River Goldfields is recognised as being of National Significance, other exhibitions include: Thunderbolt: Life and Legend; A Dark Red Rose: Corporal Cecil Stoker’s Story, Trickett’s Triumph and Sunny Jim Mackay, Australia’s first World Champion Sportsmen and much more.
The Digital Millers Tales contains the latest information and news from the Uralla Historical Society and McCrossin’s Mill Museum and Function Centre.
“The Millers’ Tales” is the Uralla Historical Society’s (UHS) newsletter. It is published quarterly, printed and posted out free to all members, sponsors, patrons and councillors. The Newsletter keeps all members informed on the latest news and up-to-date happenings at McCrossin’s Mill Museum, Gallery and Function Centre. These include scheduled Events, New Exhibitions, Stories and many more relevant articles about our Museum and community.
Become a member to receive the full and comprehensive hard copy edition in the post soon!!……but for now, to keep all our virtual visitors informed, we are excited to announce the inclusion of news and featured stories from this publication available on our website.